7 features of modern search engine promotion sites
Search engines have seriously evolved over the past two years. Yandex introduced Minusinsk, Baden-Baden, and now Korolev. To optimize the search, neural networks are involved, which not only monitor the quality of the content (for example, the absence of spam), but also literally understand the user “at a glance”. The results of issuance are optimized as much as possible, and search engines are getting smarter.
With this approach, classic SEO, which was relevant until 2015, no longer works. Now it’s not enough to buy links and place a “sheet with keys” on the page. This approach is no longer suitable for promoting a site to the TOP.
In addition, more and more companies and offers appear on the network, which means that more and more key queries become highly competitive. In such conditions (tough competition for high positions in the SERP + new requirements of search engines), you can’t do just texts. You will need to optimize the structure: select the right queries, improve behavioral factors, increase the download speed. Only an integrated approach will help lead to sales. Those companies that follow new trends in SEO are now in the TOP even with a minimum number of links and with very short texts.
Modern promotion: important elements of SEO
Experts identify 7 factors that affect search engine promotion :
- User behavior. In order for search engines to be loyal to the resource, they must see that the user is interested and convenient. The following behavioral factors are analyzed: the time and depth of viewing (both the entire catalog and individual pages), the percentage of bounces with a minimum number of views, conversion (how many visitors filled out applications or put goods in the basket). These indicators cannot be improved either by links or texts. It will take comprehensive work with usability, from working out the menu structure and creating filters in the catalog to detailing product cards. You can also add a video page, which will increase the viewing time, or hold an offline contest to attract new traffic. Improving the characteristics that affect behavioral factors helps not only to raise the site in the search, but also improves the conversion. Double profit!
- Development of the site structure. For sites, you can create many different pages for geoqueries or for different types of product. For example, not "plastic windows", but "plastic windows in Kharkov" or "single-chamber metal-plastic window". At the time of launching the site, a starting structure is created, while the possibility of adding subsections in the future is necessarily provided. For the structure, all the basic semantics are involved. You can even focus on related topics if the specifics are too narrow. What will a well-developed structure give? Exact compliance with user requests and increasing the weight of the site, as well as increasing the loyalty of search engines.
- Correct choice of keys for promotion. Simultaneous promotion on several highly competitive requests will require significant financial investments. Excessive spending can be avoided by taking only the keys from the USP. That is, you can move forward not at the request of "houses from timber", but at the request of "construction of small-sized houses from timber in the Kyiv region." Of course, the keys for promotion must be chosen after a thorough competitive analysis.
- Website page loading speed. This factor affects SEO both directly and indirectly. So, if the page takes longer than 2-3 seconds to load, then 20% of users will abandon at the 4th second, and only 25-40% of visitors will remain at the 6th. Smartphone owners are especially intolerant of long loading times. You can optimize the time until the page is fully loaded by compressing videos, large images, and scripts. You will also need to check the server response speed (you may even need to change hosting). Loading speed is important not only for the main and landing pages where the user gets from the search. It also matters for internal transitions on the resource itself.
- Responsive site. Today, the trend is not a separate version for mobile devices, but a site with an adaptive design, such that it can resize according to the type of user's device. The inability to log in from a mobile destroys the conversion. Thus, more than 25% of the capital's residents actively use a smartphone for shopping and paying for services. For high-quality adaptation of resources for mobile devices, you need to analyze the design and remove secondary elements, improve navigation between sections and make sure that the text remains readable on any screen.
- Links and the appearance of the site in the issue. The user decides to go to the site from the search results, focusing on the information provided about the company. To make this information more human-readable and attractive, you will need to customize the appearance of the links. With the help of micro-markup, you can supplement the snippet selected by the search engine - for example, add a price and delivery information. It is also desirable to make a separate company card in Google and Yandex. Maps. This will help you find a company not only in the main search, but also when building a route on the map.
- Placement of information about the company in aggregators. It is impossible for small firms to compete with aggregator sites that provide information about dozens of developers and cosmetology clinics. But it is quite possible to achieve a good location inside the aggregator. Even if placement in the "top lines" is paid, the costs will quickly pay off. There are two reasons for this: users regard aggregators as "independent experts" and often visit these resources, which will provide you with powerful traffic.
As you can see, SEO still works, helping to improve the visibility of the site and increase conversions. Plus, it's a relatively inexpensive way to get leads compared to full-blown advertising campaigns. It is only important to follow trends and take into account not only the changing requirements of search engines, but also the preferences of users.