Content: optimization rules and checklist before launching into the network
Quality content is the basis of successful promotion. This is something that both writing gurus and traffic experts relentlessly repeat. It is with the help of content - viral, informational, advertising - that the business is moving online. The task of an Internet marketer is to find an idea that will “hook” users, and then create something “such” for it that search robots will like. So, the main criteria for the quality of content: its interest to users and optimization for search engines.
Basic optimization rules
Even if you have found a super-idea, and it seems to you that today it is ready to "blow up the Internet", take your time. It is better to check the already prepared materials. Moreover, the checklist includes only 10 items:
- Number of keywords and phrases, re-optimization. Google uses the Panda algorithm, Yandex uses Baden-Baden. The task of these algorithms is to prevent texts filled with keywords from getting into the TOP. Of course, these algorithms take into account not only the number of keys, but also the time spent by the user on the page. The faster the user leaves the page, the less interesting it is for him. This ranking factor is easy to calculate and easy to use, which is what search engines do.
- Ease of ranking . Search bots should be able to freely access the site. It is also important that the target audience has no problems accessing the resource. It is logical that if you are promoting the site according to white SEO schemes, then there should be no problems in the form of penalties.
- Readability and comprehensibility . You can endlessly try to please search robots, but people will still read the content. Therefore, re-read / revise what you are going to offer your users several times. Will the article spark their interest? The main criterion of quality on the part of the consumer is the importance and value.
- Optimization . To achieve the favor of search bots, they resort to SEO tools. No one knows how search algorithms work, but there are rules that should not be ignored. So, any piece of content on your site should have: a title with the main key, LSI keywords in subtitles, images with prescribed alt tags, a keyword in the first paragraph of the text, a meta description.
- Content length . The expert can characterize the optimal length: as soon as the user's question is answered, the article is finished. In practice, many other factors come into play. The optimal content length is within 2000-4000 characters.
- visual elements . Do you need to lead the visitor through the entire sales funnel, from start to finish? This is what gifs, photos, colorful headlines and articles filled with meaning and new information are for. If you have people coming through search, but the conversion rate is still very low - think, perhaps it is too difficult for readers to perceive what is presented on the page? Even the most unique, information-packed text with the latest research that can turn the world around can remain in the margins of search results simply because it is difficult to read. And it's not about the number of letters. You just need to remember that people now concentrate for a short period of time and go further in search of entertainment. Therefore, they will not be attracted by the lifeless canvas of the text. Divide the article into paragraphs, prescribe bright headings, put important things in a separate block. To understand which part of the page the user pays more attention to, use heat maps. Remember that the user will go through the entire page to the very end only due to emotions.
- Links , but only high-quality. Today, the trend is "white" link building, that is, links that are left by users with a recommendation of your product (as an example). In a word, they should be natural, and for the purchase of a reference mass, you can fall under all sorts of "Minusinsk". And do not forget about building the right internal and external link mass. By the way, links on the site will help visitors better navigate the content and spend more time on the resource. Spamming forums is not the best idea.
- Social media . How will users share your content if there are no “share on social networks” buttons on the page? But they need not only to be added, but also to be positioned correctly. The most convenient location is at the top or side, so that the buttons “slide” down as the user scrolls the page. But the placement from below is not very convenient, because it is not a fact that the user will even reach the “basement”.
- Comments . This is one of the best options for reader feedback. In addition, commenting allows other users to see how efficient and loyal your company is. But spam and troll provocations will have to be deleted, so do not leave comments unattended.
- Calls to action . Help users understand what you want from them by posting not only links, but also CTA buttons. The more clickable CTAs, the more likely it is that the lead will go from “accidental hit” to conversion. But don't overdo it either. Each industry, business and product has its own “golden mean”. It is usually found by testing.
Have you checked your content? Click "publish" only when you have taken into account all the nuances. Of course, you should not expect a "bombshell effect" from articles, although anything can happen in the process of promotion. Relatively simple 10 tips will help improve content optimization and value, and therefore lead to higher conversions.