Difficult business niche. How to attract clients here?
News from the glamorous world of show business, reviews of interesting places on the planet, photos of cats, jewelry and pandas - these are the main areas that always attract a lot of customers. As well as funny stories and all sorts of "pseudo-scientific studies." But what if you work in a clearly defined niche? If your resource is almost never visited by "all and sundry"? There are ways to deal with the problem.
Difficult niche - what is it?
Before following the recommendations, you need to understand if the company belongs to a "difficult" niche. This is actually the case if:
- most users do not understand what are the features of your product and why it is actually needed;
- within a niche, extremely fierce competition (for the same type of goods or geographic location);
- there are already generally recognized leaders on the market and it is problematic to compete with them;
- your product is either too expensive or a priori does not inspire confidence (due to established traditions, for example).
But even if your company has several of these features, you can still attract additional traffic.
6 ways to attract visitors
- Provide low-frequency traffic: let users come to you by long tail, queries with long tails.
- You should not increase the link mass, it is better to attract the interest of real users: for example, post interesting reviews on industry sites. Always prepare relevant, high-quality, timely content.
- Let one of your valuable products go free. So that users come back to you again and again, let it be a calculator or a diagram, a map or an instruction. Or you can create a small learning product and offer it for free. People love to get valuable new knowledge without paying for it.
- Supplement text content with video reviews. This is a great way to become a leader in the number of views on YouTube, even if the site itself is not very popular with Google's search robots. In addition, you can offer a video at a time when competitors are posting only text - and win on it.
- Maintain user interest with newsletters: e-mail marketing is effective in any, even the most complex business niche.
- Experiment, analyze and create public reports on the work done.
Use these tips in combination, and you will always maintain the interest of the user audience in your resource.