How to Increase Website Conversion: 17 Proven Tips
High conversion is the dream of all marketers and owners of Internet resources. But how to provide it? Practice shows that even simple changes can dramatically increase conversions. But, of course, you will need to conduct experiments to understand what works in your case.
Here are 17 tips to help your conversions skyrocket:
- Get the call to action right. Allocate enough space for it and surround it with empty space. Let him stand out. The “air” around the inscriptions is not only a tribute to the minimalist trend, but also a way to attract attention. You will see large letters surrounded by a clean space, and you will want to stop. It's like placing a call in the top left corner of the page, the most viewed area of the site.
- Drive users to landing pages. If you pay for advertising, then you should not bring users to the main page, where a lot is written about the company, but nothing can be bought. Let the transition be set to the page where the purchase or subscription is made. So potential customers will not need to look for anything.
- Post calls everywhere. This applies to both one long page (calls should be on all screens), and different pages, including the error page and thank you for the order. The user will study the information, and at any time he should be able to click on the coveted button.
- Use the form for a two-step call to action. Usually, when a person sees a bunch of windows in front of him at once, he leaves, because no one is attracted by complicated registration. But registration in two steps - enter a name on the first "screen", and e-mail on the second - usually does not bother anyone. The developers of such forms claim that this simple method can double the conversion. And if you come up with a too complicated registration form to immediately find out everything about your client, then remember: if filling out the form or even one line lasts more than 15 seconds, 30% of users leave and do not return.
- Write the right headline and clearly state the benefit of visitors. Remember that phrases should be short, but capacious. It is also desirable to prescribe some bonuses (for example, free content).
- Divide information into blocks, structural units. Moreover, the blocks should be from 5 to 9. This is determined by the peculiarities of human perception: everything that is written beyond that, even if these are important advantages of your company, the brain will lower. It is clear that you can make several different blocks even on the same page.
- Use verbs in the subscribe button: receive, collect, subscribe. Strong verbs and calls to action reinforce, make more powerful.
- Who are your followers? Find out as much as you can about your subscribers and prepare targeted emails divided by interest. It is personalization that will help you retain as many customers as possible.
- Use reviews and guarantees. Potential customers need to see that you are safe and secure. So, it should be written in the block with guarantees (just use facts and figures). And of course, a block with reviews is also necessary: this allows the visitor to make sure that the “popular opinion” is also loyal.
- Create cases and stories in which you describe how you work with a client. It is better if the case contains as much specifics as possible and it is better if it is a complex project. Describe how your interaction went and what result you got in the end. It's always interesting to read. In addition, the case clearly demonstrates your professionalism.
- Use photos of items in action. Roughly speaking, a photo of a car rushing along a serpentine in the mountains is better than a photo of the same car resting peacefully in the cabin.
- Link to statistics and research. If you have something to demonstrate to the client in facts and figures, be sure to do it.
- Show how you deal with negative reviews. Did the visitors write that there are not enough dishes in the newly opened hostel? Be sure to thank for the valuable remark, indicate that you have already bought all the dishes and are waiting for a visit again. Customers become loyal when they see that they are working on their problems, and not sending standard unsubscribes.
- Show experience. As in the office of a psychologist or a manicurist, the entire wall can be hung with frames with diplomas and certificates, so on your website you need to place the logo of the most famous partners and their recommendations, certificates for products, diplomas won in regional competitions. Let this kind of "wall of fame" also bring you customers.
- Create value for visitors with content. Write about what processes take place inside the company, how you choose or create a product, about materials and innovations. The more you share secrets, the closer you become to a potential consumer of your services.
- Add a section with popular questions where the user can find the most up-to-date information. And don't forget about feedback: usually any visitor wants his message to be answered immediately.
- Focus on the client: 70% of all texts, appeals and benefits should be about him, and only 30% about you. That is, not “we give”, but “you receive”.
You can use them one at a time to find the best result and then move on to the next step. There is no universal recipe for all sites: for each of the resources with high rates, it is found by trial and error.
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER
Last in our blog