Ideal content: the client and the search engine will reciprocate
High-quality content is both a way to promote, and an opportunity to win the user's love, and help in keeping the client on the page, and pushing him to the target action. But how do you figure out which content is quality? How to win the love of the search engine without losing the love of the user?
If you are creating articles, not short notes or product descriptions, then you should follow certain rules. There are many, only 33, but they are all very simple.
33 signs of perfect content
- Utility. Uniqueness. Why should a visitor read you if he does not find anything new for himself? There are hundreds and thousands of borrowed, retracted articles on the Internet. And the visitor has already seen all this somewhere.
- Value. Analytics, expert comments, a special file with a photo or video. The user should want to open your page because you offer something unique.
- No errors. An article must be edited before being published on the site. It should not contain typos and typos, and all "strange" terms should be in their places. Errors are checked well by Word, Orforgammka and Advego, but the meaning of unfamiliar words is best checked by you personally. If you find it difficult to proofread the text, go through it from the end to the beginning - this way you will read more slowly and carefully.
- Short light sentences. Cumbersome verbal constructions always cause rejection. It is better if the sentence has less than 25 words and less than 4 commas. The best option is about 10 words and one comma.
- Correct topic. Write only about what you are an expert in, what you thoroughly understood. If the topic causes you rejection - do not write about it.
- Title on request. Use Yandex.Wordstat to create a title for your article. Choose the most frequent queries for the title, and leave the low-frequency ones for the text itself.
- Full disclosure. If you cover a topic, then it should reveal from and to, entirely, from different angles, with estimates, static information. If this is a short note, then it can be up to 1000 characters long, a general article - about 4500 characters, and an expert review - about 10 thousand characters.
- Use keys. In a variety of occurrences and without overspam. The article should be written for people. The times of the phrases “stomach diseases inexpensive Kyiv” are long gone.
- Structure. Use headings, subheadings, paragraphs and lists. If the material is very large, it makes sense to create a table of contents and internal navigation
- Relevant Keys. You don't need to rewrite all keywords from Wordstat. Use only those phrases that are considered relevant for your resource and your customers.
- Quality formatting. The font for each publication should be the same.
- Get rid of superfluous styles. To do this, copy the texts before adding to the site through notepad. Then use any visual editor for formatting.
- line between paragraphs. It is best to always skip it, which will allow you to visually separate one piece of content from another. You can use the <br> and <p> tags for this.
- Images. Good quality, with the same width as the content part, with normal readability from mobile gadgets. There should be an image for every 1-1.5 thousand characters.
- Video. High-quality video on the topic can be added from any free video hosting.
- Correct title. About 55-65 characters long and with the right keywords. Use mental triggers like the word "sale".
- Cover the topic comprehensively. Classification and application, advantages and disadvantages, types and methods of use - always provide complete information.
- Please advise. Articles like "how to make/get rid of/build/cure" are always very popular.
- Appreciate the importance of the information. If the article is of high quality, then the visitor will have no questions after reading it.
- Put links on the site. Let it be links to other sites, detailed information, e-books with quotes. The user should not leave your site, he should understand that he will find all the comprehensive information here. Also indicate sources of information, authoritative sites like Wikipedia.
- Categories and tags. Be sure to specify them correctly so that the user can quickly find the information of interest to him. The keys in this case will be “Kharkov news”, “salad recipes”, “watermelons”. Choose tags immediately with a backlog so that you can write a large series of articles on them.
- cycles of articles. Prepare 10 materials covering an interesting topic from different angles. So you will attract users, interest them, offer to follow updates.
- Introduction. At the very beginning of the article, make a few sentences that will state the whole point.
- Data. Photos with a visual demonstration, expert opinion, dates - all articles with facts are read and remembered better.
- One thought per paragraph. It is not necessary to "spread the thought along the tree." Avoid reader fatigue, use a logical construction of the text and do not let thoughts jump.
- Understandable language. Use the terms and definitions that your target audience speaks. The language should not be perceived as foreign. If you cannot do without complex definitions, then use the dictionary, glossary at the end of the article.
- End with a conclusion, either as a peer review or as a call to action.
- Don't forget about the call. You may not be selling a physical product, but you may well invite the user to subscribe to the newsletter.
- Separate expert opinion from the body of the article. If the author is not a well-known person whose opinion is followed with aspiration, then it is better to refuse to write an article in the first person. Choose a neutral style of narration in the third person.
- Mention a project or brand. Even if your article is copied, the name of your resource will remain in it.
- Control external links. It is far from always useful if your resource will give weight to other pages on the network.
- Media content. Materials supplemented with graphics, reviews, diagrams are much more willing to distribute. All media content is optimized by prescribing alt attributes for images or renaming files for keywords in Latin.
- Triggers or time limits, the same “discount right now”.
Now your site will always have high-quality, useful, informative and attractive content, and not cheap rewriting from schoolchildren.