Micro moments for mobile marketing or successful ways to get closer to your customers
What are micromoments? These are spontaneous events when the user "suddenly" feels the need to purchase a product or order a service. The task of any business is to use these micro-moments to its advantage, because they are the constant points of contact between the client and the brand.
For micro-moments, a special strategy is needed, and it should be based on the peculiarities of user behavior.
What you need to know before developing a strategy
Millennials carry their smartphone with them as often as possible. They literally do not part with him day or night. At the same time, a third of users feel uncomfortable without a means of communication, and two-thirds check instant messengers as soon as they wake up. A smartphone helps to be always in touch, but not only. It also helps to organize the day, as well as follow trends. No matter what your potential client's pace of life is, he will always find time for a smartphone.
This interconnection with mobile devices contributes to the fact that the number of spontaneous purchases is growing. How not to use the opportunity to get all the information instantly, as soon as such an idea arose? So it turns out that the “average millennial” spends almost 3 hours at the smartphone screen every day. And it is very important at what point a person will see a marketing offer. After all, it may turn out that it will not be on time. But there is also the opposite situation - when the intention, urgency and context coincide. This is how a successful micro-moment for your business arises.
By the way, modern customers consult with their smartphones even in stores. This is what about 80% of users do. And almost 90% of users turn to their smartphone while searching for information they need for work or the creative process.
How to secure micro-moments for your business
There are 3 basic strategies to help micro-moments work for you:
- Ensure your presence. Stay in front of a potential client whenever he plans a choice, and sooner or later he will turn to you as a familiar and “familiar” company.
- Provide useful, up-to-date information.
- React instantly. The faster your response to a request, the better the user feels their importance.
Mobile trading "at the right time" will be 60-70% more efficient. It’s as if you didn’t just see an advertisement for a taxi, but saw it at the moment when you got off the train onto the platform of an unfamiliar city where you arrived on business.
How to ensure presence
It is very important to have a presence in the mobile sphere so that any customer need is solved through interaction with your brand. But keep in mind that the lion's share of users are not looking for a specific brand - they are looking for information. But if the name of your company constantly flickers in the search, then it will be accepted and remembered. And if your offer turns out to be at the right time and in the right place, then there is a chance to take yourself and the clients of other, not so quick companies. As a rule, 1 out of three consumers chooses the company that was able to promptly inform them.
Of course, you will have to analyze the site, add ad units, shoot a video for YouTube. But thanks to comprehensive comprehensive training, you will be able to close the maximum number of micro-moments. If you are sure that the user needs your presence at this very moment - insist and offer, offer and insist.
How to determine what you need right now? There are 4 key needs for smartphone users that you can address:
- Information. At this moment, a person studies the product, gets acquainted with it. We are not talking about buying yet, but this is a very important basic stage of “acquaintance”. Make a curious offer and interest - and the customer will come to you for shopping.
- Finding a place. Nearest shop, mall, market, cafe or bookstore. If you are sure that you are nearby, tell your customers about it. And do not forget to lay the right route.
- Search for instructions. How to make or how to use? People are looking for content on this topic. Help them – showing instructions and testimonials is considered one of the best ways for a brand to interact with consumers.
- Purchase. Many products are sold through smartphones. And of course, your brand should also be present in the field of mobile sales.
Study the most popular search terms and offer. You should be noticed in the search.
Inform for the benefit of both yourself and the client
However, being in search by itself does not guarantee you an increase in the number of purchases. It is also important to interest a potential client, to offer him something that he cannot refuse. Relevance, relevance, interest - these are the 3 key components of success. Half of potential customers choose a certain brand just because it is “always in touch”. And ¾ of smartphone users consider regular updates of offers a guarantee of a quality purchase. If the business has nothing to offer visitors, then they leave and do not return.
Here's how you can be helpful at different times:
- If the user is looking for information, then it is worth giving it in an unexpected format and in a comprehensive way. How to take care of your hair, how to switch to proper nutrition, how to choose a book for your child - if your users are looking for these or similar queries, provide them with all the information. It is worth creating “soft” educational content and not starting from the concept of hard salespeople.
- If the consumer is looking for the nearest object, then offer him yours. Of course, in this case, you will need to track the geographic location of the visitor. If you find yourself in the same territory - make a profitable offer, you can't go wrong.
- In the case where the user wants to do something on their own and is looking for practical recommendations, you should offer training videos. More than half of smartphone users like companies that offer educational content. Of course, the video can be not only useful, but also advertising. It turns out that you acquaint the visitor with information and offer him your services / products. Is this not the principle of effective interaction?
- When a customer is ready to buy and is looking for the right things on the “buy” request, responsiveness is very important. The ability to make purchases at high speed is one of the defining factors of interaction with a brand. Most needs arise spontaneously, and the faster your company can meet them, the more valuable it will be to the client.
How to ensure instant response
The availability of products online helps to meet needs instantly. Most consumers decide they need it "right now". And this is due not only to the peculiarities of the human psyche, but also to the fact that people are really in a hurry. As a rule, 40% of consumers need the right instruction right away, 33% want to immediately find the nearest office or store, and about 20% of customers make an instant spontaneous purchase decision. As you can see, the percentage of consumers who need goods and services "here and now" is growing rapidly.
If you offer your product “on the rise”, at a moment when the client is all on fire with enthusiasm, then the probability of a purchase is much higher than if the site or application opens for several minutes or the content is irrelevant.
How can you ensure a high speed of response to client requests? Here are the main recommendations:
- Reduce. The number of screens, loading time, the number of lines in the registration form - all this can and should be reduced so that the user is separated from the cherished goal by a minimum of steps. Give the opportunity to complete the order in one click or let the client complete the order with a call.
- Determine needs and follow them. Analyze the content on the site and determine which of them is the most popular. Offer it first. You can also determine the location of the client and offer him those stores that are close geographically. If the client is regular, you can generate offers based on previous requests.
- Ensure your site loads instantly. Every second of loading delay costs you 2% conversion minimum.
Rate the customer experience
Smartphones bring shopping and services closer. By itself, the mobile "representation" of the company increases the likelihood of a purchase by 40-50%. But you need to understand that some customers are uncomfortable completing purchases on smartphones, they want to communicate with managers. So give them the opportunity to call for an order.
In addition, it is worth remembering that online information about a product from a smartphone screen is not the same as an online purchase. A person can simply look for information, and then come to your store and buy. Therefore, within the team, offline and online marketers must work smoothly, without a competitive element.