Online advertising: increasing efficiency with simple steps
It's hard to believe, but online advertising appeared 22 years ago. It is unlikely that anyone will remember what the first announcements were. But today, companies spend up to 45% of their advertising budget on this particular format - and all analysts say that this is far from the limit.
So, online advertising has been developing for a long time. During this time, countless content of different quality and content has appeared. But user behavior is also changing. Indeed, according to statistics, each Internet surfer sees up to 400 ads daily, but only 3-10 of them are able to attract attention and interest. The abundance of advertising is already annoying. But marketers have come up with a great alternative: now they provide interesting and useful information, and not just promote a certain product.
Another important change is that today the click on the ad is just as important, but it is not the main goal. In fact, a click, that is, a transition to your resource, is just the beginning of a full-fledged dialogue between the seller-company and the client. And you should eliminate all errors on the way to the logical completion of the transaction, that is, to the purchase. After all, the task of advertising is not to win competitions, but to increase sales measurably.
It is also important to take into account the psychological aspect. So, if a person is already looking for a product and sees a suitable advertisement, then there is a 30% chance of interest. If your ad is not in the area of interest of the client, then in 63% of cases he will simply skip it. And only 32% of consumers claim that they can buy a product, even if they did not think about it before, but became interested only now thanks to advertising.
But you can increase the number of interested users if you apply several key actions in the process of creating ads.
8 steps to create successful advertising
- Experiment with the form. The content of the message can be based on emotions or operate on dry facts. Keep in mind that there are two types of customers: buyers (they care about low prices, discounts) and researchers (they look for the best product based on features).
- Advertising must meet the requirements of the audience. Analytics, statistics, research - all of this is really very important if you want to create a product that can hit the bull's-eye. After all, from all the buyers you need to select exactly the category that will be most interested in your product. Retargeting and attracting a customer based on their search history are very convenient techniques. They will not work only if the person is no longer interested in your product at all. You can also use a modern method of placing advertisements: programmatic, when content is shown only to users with specified characteristics.
- The nature of the impact of advertising is also determined by age. For example, for clients under 40 years of age, online ads will be enough: 80% of them respond to online ads in one way or another. And for older age groups, a comprehensive strategy will be required, that is, posting information about the company and offline.
- Consider your income level. People who make more than $100,000 a year are more likely to make unplanned purchases, for the sole reason that they have more free cash and can find something interesting and new in your ad. And buyers with an annual income of less than 20,000 respond better to favorable price offers. Most likely, they will come to you when they have already decided to buy something and will look for the lowest price.
- Please note: a click is not the purpose of an ad. Advertising may interest the user, and he will begin to search for information on the web about your company, want to call, visit an offline store, or otherwise get in touch. All of these ad viewing results are desirable.
- Use the new performance indicator: not the number of clicks, but the percentage increase in conversion. Any advertisement provokes an action, although it may be delayed in time. Therefore, it is worth waiting a week after the end of the advertising campaign and assess the number of “incoming” calls and profit dynamics.
- 34% of interested customers buy a product after viewing an ad. At the same time, women are leading in online actions, and men go “out of the network” to direct contact with the advertiser. This difference should be used when setting goals for a marketing campaign. So, focus on the male audience if you want to increase the attendance of the outlet, and on the female one if it is important to interest a large number of consumers in the network.
- People are curious. 35% of ad clicks were based on simple curiosity! And only 20% - on the fact that the ad contained a product that satisfies the interests. Only 6% of users were interested in discounts. Therefore, be sure to supplement the relevant ad with a profitable offer. The task of high-quality advertising is to arouse interest, warm it up and lead to a purchase.
And most importantly, the consumer should receive maximum information about your brand, how to contact the company, about the technical characteristics of specific offers, and so on. The maximum of interesting content and at the same time - the personalization of each message: all this will lead to high conversions.