Social networks: pros and cons
It is difficult to imagine the modern world without computers, information technology, and the Internet. they have already taken a special place in the life of every person. Social networks are very popular. We create accounts and visit our pages at least several times a week, or we promote other pages on social networks . There was an opportunity to communicate with relatives and friends who are away from us. It is very convenient, agree. However, scientists are increasingly concerned about the impact of social networks on humans. I would still like to understand what is good or bad hidden in social networks.
Today, almost 96% of the population of our planet has access to social networks. In terms of the number of users, Facebook is in first place - about 1.5 billion. Scientists have calculated that the minimum time a user spends on a social network is 3 hours, while he visits his account at least twice a day.
- Social networks provide an opportunity to communicate with work colleagues, relatives and friends living in different cities and countries, as well as make new acquaintances.
- Social networks can be used as a tool for self-development . Here you can watch informative films, listen to good music, read interesting books, learn foreign languages. There are interest groups on social networks where you can find information that interests you, for example, videos of fitness classes or guitar lessons.
- Along with this, social networks can help during the learning process. With their help, you can exchange lecture notes, assignments for laboratory work and other useful information. It is also possible to join a community of a certain topic and study in detail questions on history or improve knowledge of a foreign language. To do this, social networks have links to the necessary literature, photo and video materials , you can discuss problematic issues with other members of the group.
- Social networks are a platform for business development . Here you can advertise your online store, web design studio or rock school. Advertising can be directed to the target audience and people who might be interested in the products or services you provide will know about your business. You can find new customers here, increase the loyalty of regular customers.
Social networks have provided an opportunity to use a large amount of information, develop, improve and earn. Webakula knows how to make social networks profitable for any business and provides a social marketing service.
- Due to the abundance of entertaining, superficial and often unnecessary garbage information, the time spent on a social network increases significantly. Such a pastime can adversely affect our health, because. a large amount of information often tires and loads the nervous system.
- The hormonal background can also change as a result of dependence on the Internet. For example, at the time of checking social networks, the hormone oxytocin, which is responsible for the feeling of empathy, is released more strongly.
- The downside is that a person loses the skill of real communication, because. accustomed to online communication. Corresponding in social networks, people often do not follow the rules of grammar and punctuation, use a meager vocabulary, emotions are replaced by emoticons - all this negatively affects communication in the real world.
- Intelligence agencies use social networks to organize surveillance. Representatives of special services make up approximately 15% of users of public networks.
- Another disadvantage is the DEPENDENCE on social networks.
In Ukraine, users of social networks are mostly people from 12 to 45 years old. Psychologists pay more attention to adolescents, because the psyche at their age is not stable, and a psychological disease occurs, called Internet addiction. This disease affects the performance of adolescents in school, as well as their worldview. According to statistics, every week children spend in social networks: from 7 to 14 hours - 23%, 2-21 hours - 57% and more than 21 hours - 20%. Every fifth child spends one of seven days of the week on a social network.
Internet addiction is a psychological disorder that can cause various complexes, for example, an inferiority complex. To prevent the child from acquiring this kind of deviation, it is necessary to monitor how often he visits his pages on social networks, as well as his reaction to the ban on using the Internet for a while. If a teenager reacts aggressively, then action must be taken.
- Between the ages of 28 and 45, single people have high hopes for social media. They think that it is easier to get acquainted through the Internet. According to statistics, every fifth family in the world gets acquainted in social networks. But there is a downside to the coin: a lot of family quarrels happen because of reading the correspondence of your partner with other residents of social networks. Every third divorce is because of social networks. After dating in social networks, the number of cheating has tripled. Communicating with women in the virtual world, men can forget how to care for them. Internet communication also affects the fair sex, because. they lose their femininity and mystery, posting candid photos and information about their personal lives for everyone to see.
Undoubtedly, social networks influence a person. The main thing is to approach everything wisely: do not waste your time, because time is the most valuable thing we have. It is necessary to properly use the opportunities provided by the Internet.
The conclusion is this - Internet communication should complement life, and not be the basis of all our activities! Social media can bring many benefits. But the abuse of social networks can lead to addiction, loss of attention, waste of time, alienation and dullness. Social media is both good and bad. It is in our power to take from them only the good and weed out the bad. In order for social networks not to harm health and psyche, each person must regulate his pastime in the virtual space.
Our web design studio maintains its groups in such social networks as Vkontakte , Facebook , Google+ , Odnoklassniki . Every day we select information that may be of interest to everyone. The volume of content is dosed, so you don’t have to worry about an overabundance of garbage in your head. Come in and see for yourself! We also know how cool it is to promote any business on social networks!